Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TierBeerSaint
    Participant

Love it or hate it, artificial intelligence is becoming a more prominent tool in creative workflows throughout various industries. Whether it’s image generation, image upscaling, or frame interpolation (adding in-between frames to give the appearance of higher FPS), AI applications have become quite mainstream in their use as a hobbyist’s toy. It’s only a matter of time before corporations start utilizing this amazing technology for their own purposes, and with it, their lawyers. While things are accessible now, the future may not be so certain in AI availability. It’s for this reason I encourage everyone who is willing to explore the use of these AIs for their own workflows, using the AI applications OFFLINE while they can. One of these AI tools is simply known as “DeepCreamPy”. DeepCreamPy is an AI tool that can de-censor hentai frame-by-frame (with some caveats), eliminating bar AND mosaic censorship (although, only one or the other, at any given cycle). Working in conjunction with an AI app known as “HentAI”, these tools can dice up a juicy-yet-censored hentai video frame-by-frame, perform the de-censoring process, then spit it all out into a folder, ready to be reconstructed in sequence. The creator of this AI application, known as ‘deeppomf’, was working on this as a side project while in university(? iirc), but got doxxed, and long since abandoned the project as a result. While unfortunate, the GitHub containing all the necessary files are still available to the public, for FREE, at least for now.
    I have been using HentAI + DeepCreamPy for two years now, trying to de-censor episode 1 of Kuroinu: Kedakaki Seijo wa Hakudaku ni Somaru, with mixed results. I hypothesize that if used with more AI tools like Stable Diffusion and Waifu2x, the results could be a lot more clearer and consistent. Unfortunately, I lack the technical prowess beyond the surface-level operation of the applications to test this hypothesis out in an effective manner.
    I’ll give the mic to you guys. What do you think about using AI to de-censor hentai? Is there any ethical concerns you may have? Is de-censorship even necessary in the context of HMVs? Do you have any background/experience using AI? I would love to know what you all think.
    TL;DR: AI is capable of decensoring hentai. Good? Bad? Necessary? Stupid? Let’s discuss!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.