The site is flexible about HMVs with a few considerations.
- If you do not want your username on the video, please indicate so beforehand.
- When it comes to video title, it must start with the creator name in square brackets. For example, for Garrosh the title would start with [Garrosh].
- Try to keep submissions to less than 10 minutes long. Videos cannot be longer than 17 minutes.
- The video should be at least 720p. Preferably 16:9 aspect ratio as well such as 1280×720 minimum. If it is 4:3 aspect ratio such as 960×720 then it can receive the pillarboxing treatment to get it to 16:9 aspect ratio. This is also mentioned in Step 4 on the For Creators page.
- Real life content is not allowed. Submissions must be fictional characters.
2D HMV Category:
- Music videos should focus on 2D animation. It does not have to be Japanese animation. 3D animations will receive more scrutiny, and likely move the submission over to the 3D category.
3D HMV Category:
- This category can include a mix of 2D and 3D elements, not necessarily a video that is entirely 3D.
- SFM, MMD, and other 3D content is allowed as long as it stays to fictional characters.
- The video title must start with the creator name followed by (3D). For example, a 3D video from CumminHam would start with [CumminHam] (3D)
Of course, common sense applies as well.